Sunday, September 1, 2013

HIIIII FAMILY surprisingly I'm alive and I survived my first week in hanguuuuk. Which is Korea. In Korean.  Okay run down. The food is way good and before I came I made a commitment to myself that I would eat everything even if it freaked me out. Had a bomb bulgogi pizza. I know, so Korean. But there were huge mushrooms and olives on it AND I ATE THEM what whaaat I was so proud of myself.  Okay everyone is Korean. It's kind of scary. Also no one wants to talk to us. AHH this is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. First of all my compy is straight Korean. which is awesome because she helps me sooooo much with the language. She tells me I speak really well like a million times a day but I think she's lying sometimes. Literally the only way I know how to start a conversation with someone is are you waiting for the bus? what bus are you waiting for? where are you going? which I realized is totally creepy!!! Oh well you gotta do what you gotta do. Basically I feel super inadequate because I can't understand like anything because the people talk so freaking fast but I'm trying not to get discouraged. Haven't cried yet sort of so that's a plus. Also we're opening a new area which is really hard because we have like el-zippo invesigators. Which I guess doesn't really matter, but oh wait it does. This week we did a lot of cleaning because our apartment was straight up gross. I got bitten like a million times and pretty sure I got a spider bite on my hand because it swelled up way huge and was super nasty. Like when I clenched my hand in a fist you couldn't see my knuckles....yeah it was bad. The weather is ridic hot. Like I'm sweating now more than I ever have in my entire life. Plus we don't have ac in our apartment so I sleep with a fan on full blast in my face. It's actually starting to cool off now so it's not to bad at night but during the day it suuuucks. My feet are supes swollen and gross I'll provide pics. Anywayyy. Spiritual moment of the day--I started reading the BoM from the beginning and Nephi is pretty much amazing. Like he has so much faith. it's really hard doing this work because they teach you to have faith to find people. And I always feel like I don't have enough faith, but anyway Nephi is such an amazing example of faith. When his brothers are dimwits and are like lets go back he's like yeah no I'm not leaving until this work is done. Nevermind that he had no clue how he was going to do it, but he was faithful. We have to remember that the Lord is mightier than all the earth so wherefore can we doubt? Also in Matthew when Christ calls his apostles he says Follow me and I will make you fishers of men. "I will make you." The Lord makes us who we are. It's a process. So especially when things are hard remember that everything that we do a) require faith and b) is a process of becoming more like Christ. We are learning every day. I am learning every day. I wish I could recount every thing that has happened but I don't have all the time in the world. yesterday some creepy Indian guys kept looking at me on the subway. So I gave them a mormon.org card. It was great. The first day as soon as we got off the plane we had to ride the subway back to the mission office and preach the gospel. Yeah hard core rejection at it's finest it was great. I started talking to this daughter and her mom and the daughter was like what do you teach? and then the mom was like don't talk to her. I was angry. Also Korean's are really funny because if they don't want to talk to you it's literally like you don't exist. Also I don't understand everything. pray for me. I love you tons
Sister Blick

No comments:

Post a Comment